Week of 10/11 - 10/14
This week we learned about personal pronouns, the verb estar, and the emotions.
Your homework is to study the pronouns, the verb estar, and the emotions. Please be sure to study because you will need to know the vocabulary to be successful during the class activities. Remember to be successful you have to prepare for success.
A pronoun is a word or phrase that may take the place of a noun or noun phrase.
For example: Frank is very happy = He is very happy.
In this example the pronoun he takes the place of the noun Frank.
The pronouns in Spanish are:
Yo = I
Tu = you
El = he
Ella = she
Usted está = you are
Ellos están = they are
Ellas están = they are
Nosotros estamos = we are
El verbo estar = The verb to be
We use the verb estar when we are expressing emotions and when we are telling location.
Example: Yo estoy triste = I am sad
Ella esta feliz = She is happy
Below are the emotions we covered in class this week.
Las emociones = the emotions
1) Ella esta muy alegre = She is very happy
2) Estoy cansado = I am tired
3) El esta feliz/contento = He is very happy
4) Ellos están deprimidos = They are depressed5) Nosotros estamos emocionados = We are excited
6) El está enfermo = He is sick
7) Max está muy enojado = Max is very angry
8) Ellos están nervioso = They are nervous
9) George está ocupado = George is busy
10) Max, Cynthia y yo estamos preocupados = Max, Cynthia, and I are busy.
11) Max esta tranquilo = Max is calm